The Iceman .cometh

if your computer is incapable of rendering in 1024x768, you have no business being here

Name:

Out of the night that covers me,
black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance,
my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
looms but the horror of the shade,
and yet the menace of the years
finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.


Drifter: Sunday, August 28, 2005

An evening of idiocy

Ah! Managed to survive another evening of stupidity on public display. These guys were celebrating the birthday of Krishna...
All this kinda fuelled my furnace of questions.
1. Why do these people paint some clueless kid blue instead of getting someone really black?
2. If Krishna was "gawd", why couldn't he didn't he simply fart out some gene-tailored virus and smite down every dickead that had a problem with him?
3. If Krishna can steal butter, eat shit and flirt with SIXTEEN THOUSAND chicks and get kudos for doing that, why did I get the crap kicked outta me when I was doing something similar?
4. Why does the good guy always have to bust his arse in some damn jungle while the bad guy is in some swanky palace making out with some hottie?
5. Why are these 'epics' worshipped when they look like just a few frigging war novels that have managed to endure the ravages of time?
6. If there is a god and he created me, why am I here blaspheming my arse off? Why is Earth being screwed so bad? Why do plants, birds and animals keep getting driven to oblivion?
7. Why did the biggest massacres in history justify themselves as HOLY WARS?
8. Where is proof that man isn't a failed experiment left to fester on this planet by some bloody alien race?