The Iceman .cometh

if your computer is incapable of rendering in 1024x768, you have no business being here

Name:

Out of the night that covers me,
black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance,
my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
looms but the horror of the shade,
and yet the menace of the years
finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.


Drifter: Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I've seen it all

They say "cricket is a gentleman's game". Till yesterday, I might have agreed. Not any more.
CRICKET IS A ROCKSTAR'S GAME. And that's how it should be.
The Ashes 2005 will go into the books as the greatest test series the world has beheld. Sloppy fielding, umpiring mistakes, stupid batting and all.
Though I'm disappointed the guys in gold couldn't stop fate, I'm glad they fought it all the way. And watching the Poms rejoice with the urn made me feel happy for them even though I was rooting for the convicts.
But GAWD what a series! What players! What atmosphere!
If a kid asked me what the coliseum looked like in its hey-day, I would show him videos of Fred celebrating after every wicket, Hollywood jinxing hapless batsmen, Brett taking on the ball with every inch of his body and Kevin walking off the pitch with his arms wide open, bat in one hand and helmet in the other.
I've had it with cricket. I'm afraid watching other matches may spoil this experience I've had.