The Iceman .cometh

if your computer is incapable of rendering in 1024x768, you have no business being here

Name:

Out of the night that covers me,
black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance,
my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
looms but the horror of the shade,
and yet the menace of the years
finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.


Drifter: Friday, September 30, 2005

simple, yet profound

In some remote village of India, one masterji is teaching the Mahabharat Katha to class SIX students. He is at the Krishnajanma part of it.

Masterji: "Kansa heard the akashwani that his sister's 8th child is going to kill him. He was furious. He ordered Vasudev and Devaki put behind bars.
First son is born, and Kansa kills him by poisoning.
Second one is born and Kansa throws him off the mountain peak. Third one is born."

Now Ramu - smartest of the lot - puts up his hand.
[sounding nervous n confused] "Masterji, I have a doubt"

Masterji: "Ramu bete, whole India does not have doubt in Mahabharata. How come u have one?"

Ramu: Masterji, if Kansa knew that Devaki's 8th child was going to kill him,
WHY THE HELL DID HE PUT VASUDEV AND DEVAKI IN THE SAME CELL?

still need proof that the Mahabharat is just another stupid novel?
that aside, it also proves that Ramu is very advanced for his age. this guy is in the SIXTH CLASS and knows that man + woman = kid.
I didn't know that till my EIGHTH class and even that was by accident.

Blogger DJK's 2 cents... Post a Comment