The Iceman .cometh

if your computer is incapable of rendering in 1024x768, you have no business being here

Name:

Out of the night that covers me,
black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance,
my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
looms but the horror of the shade,
and yet the menace of the years
finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.


Drifter: Wednesday, November 16, 2005

epistle

It's amazing what a little epistle can do to buoy up a mind struggling for breath.
Here goes...

Hi, Xxxxx.

This email is a formal request of my intention to quit Xxxxxxx and recover my faltering health.
The nature of work, i.e staring at a still screen for hours on end, has been causing sudden migraine attacks which are irritating at best and debilitating at worst.
I need a break from work life to bring my health back to normal and resume work afterwards.
I would be grateful if you could consider this request and initiate the separation process as soon as possible and relieve me by the end of November or the beginning of December, 2005.
I assure you that I will remain as committed as humanly possible thru the separation period.

Regards,
Xxxxxx.

I don't have an assured job when I step out. No safety nets. All I have is confidence that my life will find meaning on it's own or instant death if there is no meaning to be found.

For now, I'll just stick to staying up at nights playing my arse off, watching movies by the dozen, reading till I fall asleep and POUNDING POUNDING TECHNO MUSIC.

Bliss beckons.

Blogger Tanushree Baruah's 2 cents...
  • You sir, are one of the most different people I have ever come across.
    But, not that this should matter much, wow. Takes guts. Want to share?

  • November 17, 2005 2:48 pm|  
Blogger Drifter's 2 cents...
  • Thanks, T. A lotta people say that but few matter.

    Yeah, man. I do need a little help. A cyanide pill if you can find one.

  • November 17, 2005 5:21 pm|  
Blogger Jedi's 2 cents...
  • umm.. staying up at night, watching movies by dozens could have adverse effect on your health too!
    Hey, but at least it would be enjoyable. hehe
    Taking a break sometimes is not a bad idea at all.
    Wishing you the best of luck in all your endeavors!

    jEDI

  • November 18, 2005 2:06 pm|  
Blogger Drifter's 2 cents...
  • Hah! My health is as perfect as it could ever be. I simply invented a fucked up excuse to get out of an equally fucked up company.
    Google OTE is where my heart is and has been for the past eight months.

  • November 18, 2005 2:56 pm|  
Blogger maxdavinci's 2 cents... Blogger cacography's 2 cents... Blogger cacography's 2 cents...
  • seriously, a peculiar character..!!

    butt,,i likeeeeeeee ittt that way..
    so goahead and "Be yourself " dude..

    gud luck t ya

  • May 29, 2007 11:11 pm|  
Post a Comment