The Iceman .cometh

if your computer is incapable of rendering in 1024x768, you have no business being here

Name:

Out of the night that covers me,
black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance,
my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
looms but the horror of the shade,
and yet the menace of the years
finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.


Drifter: Monday, November 28, 2005

Platform 'Number Two'

People've begun to take things literally around here.
I went to the railway station at 5.30 AM. Half asleep and fully frozen, I was about to sit on a bench and give my sore eyes a break. Fortunately, my nose wasn't out of commission. Alarm bells started ringing. I willed my eyes to focus... BAM!
A fresh, steaming pile of SHIT. To top it all off, this was PLATFORM NUMBER TWO.
What next? People pissing on platform number one?
I've seen some pretty weird shit by roadsides but never thought I'd be seeing shit sitting nicely on a bench in a railway station.
What sort of parents let their kid shit where other people'll sit and then simply walk off without doing anything about it? Damn! I always hated bawling, unreasonable kids. The hate's just gone up tenfold.
ACK!

Blogger Suresh S SCJP1.4's 2 cents... Blogger maxdavinci's 2 cents... Blogger Drifter's 2 cents...
  • 1. Mr Drifter Targeted
    2. Mr Drifter Targeted

    I shall make a few observations. Whether they are indicative of plain co-incidence, my hyperactive brain looking for non-existent patterns or Suresh's hidden intellect, I leave the reader to decide.
    Now for the observations:
    a. Notice that the post is titled "Platform 'Number Two'", Number Two being the operative phrase here. Which happens to be the exact number of times Suresh posted his dumbass comment.
    b. Suresh responded with surprising alacrity to a post built around shit. Maybe he's inexplicably drawn toward shit by some primeval instinct. This tempts me so convey with regards "EAT SHIT, SHITHEAD".
    c. "Mr Drifter Targeted": With what? Shit? Do you, Suresh, mean to say that you'd somehow gotten wind of my movements and came all the way from that sphincter of a city to shit on a bench for me? I'm flattered!

    Jeezus! This is the most eloquent rejoinder I've written. Ever. Is it the influence of the book I'm reading or is it that Suresh somehow brings out the best in me? Inexplicable.

    And Suresh, please stop spamming Tanushree, willya?

  • November 29, 2005 6:51 pm|  
Blogger Suresh S SCJP1.4's 2 cents... Blogger Jedi's 2 cents... Post a Comment